Poland Reaffirms Confidence in NATO
Tracking Global Events | 20 March 2023
In late February, United States President Joe Biden visited Warsaw to discuss NATO’s eastern flank reinforcement with Polish President Andrzej Duda and Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. Amid Russia’s ongoing war in Ukraine, President Biden stated that the U.S. and Poland are mutually dependent on one another, reinforcing his commitment to the NATO mutual defense pact. Currently, there are 10,000 U.S. troops stationed in Poland, and during Biden’s visit Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki requested an increased and more permanent presence of U.S. troops on the eastern flank. To better understand Poles’ views on NATO and the reinforcement of the eastern flank, Premise fielded a rapid response survey.
- Among respondents, 88% were aware of U.S. President Biden’s visit to Warsaw and 62% expressed a positive view of the U.S. President.
- As the war in Ukraine continues, Poles conveyed an overwhelmingly positive view of NATO: 29% have a very positive view and 48% have a somewhat positive view of NATO.
- Additionally, most respondents expressed confidence in NATO’s unity with 18% believing NATO to be very unified and 55% believing NATO to be somewhat unified.
- Overall, a majority of respondents believe in the efficacy of NATO, as 21% believe NATO to be very effective and 53% believe NATO to be somewhat effective.
- A majority of respondents surveyed support an increased and more permanent presence of U.S. troops in Poland: 18% strongly support and 43% somewhat support.
Premise collected sentiment data from 843 respondents from all 16 provinces in Poland using convenience sampling, a type of non-probability sampling. Our demographic panel had a high level of gender parity, with 54% male and 46% female respondents.
Premise In Action
Premise offers a unique ability to quickly source information from real people on the ground in hard-to-reach places. Over five million people in 140 countries are using the Premise app on their smartphones, enabling our customers to monitor a situation over time and employ a data-driven approach to timely decision-making. To learn more about Premise, watch our tech demo or get in touch with us.